Thursday, November 6, 2008

Life Goes On

Dear People:
Here's to America.  You are in my prayers my dear sweet country.  At first I was really not sure about Obama winning the election.  I had a lot of mixed feeling fall over me all at once.  I felt hatred, disgust, confusion, concern, but then I really sat down and thought about it.  At first nothing changed.  But here is the thing America... I support Barack Obama.  Crazy I know, but here is my reasoning.  I trust that Heavenly Father has a plan.  A really really good plan.  And I trust in that plan.  Obviously Barack Obama is part of that plan, so now I have to support him.  At first I decided that I was going to escape from the madness and flee to Hawaii.  But then I sadly realized that Hawaii is still part of America, so I decided to stick it out.  I'm giving Obama a chance, because you know what?  Life goes on.  The world isn't going to wait around for everyone to fall in love with Obama.  The economy isn't going t
o get any better if it stays the way it is, and right now I think what we really need is, and I can't believe I'm saying this, we need change.  America...Everything is going to be fine!

So this week for Family Home Evening we did something awesome.  I used to be not so sure about FHE, and in fact thanks to Dave and Tara I used to call it FAG.  But now I am a group leader and I have to love it.  And I have the best counterpart ever.  We both are crazy and come up with the best ideas.  This week we did finger painting.  Ya...sweet.  Once things calmed down and we were cleaning up, things got a little out of hand.  As this picture can contest, I was brutally attacked.  It may look like I have toothpaste and chocolate on my teeth, but I
don't...It's paint...on my teeth...ya.  
I was completely taken advantage of and thrown on the ground, tied up and paint was put on my teeth!!  Gross!!  Oh well...Life Goes On!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

tThe paint makes you look better:)! Obama gives me hope that my nonwhite kids can now get become president!:)

Katelyn Michael said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh Tara. This must be such a proud day. Your children have no limitations. They are now as equal as everyone else...it's not like the Civil Rights Movement actually changed anything.