Sunday, November 2, 2008

Riley Loves You!

Attention America...Riley has a blog.  I never knew I would be one that would want to blog about my ideals, yet here I am.  Maybe I realized that blogging can be a great way to get in with the chicks.  

Really I just want somewhere I can put down all my random ideas that pop into my head throughout each day.  And there are so many of those ideas.  At first I thought maybe I should just carry around a recorder.  But then I realized that I have seen people walking around talking into a little recorder, and I think I always make fun of those people silently in my head.  Then I thought maybe I need to have a camera crew follow me around and film every aspect of my life.  Kind of an EdTV type thing.  Then I realized that I don't really want the world to see EVERYTHING about my life, just the things I decide to to tell them.  

So the hype around the nation lately has been the election.  It's been hard for me to fall in love with all the hoopla over who is better.  McCain...Obama...Economy...Joe the Plumber...what does it all mean?!?  I finally buckled down earlier today and filled out my absentee ballot.  I'm proud to say I knew who most of the people on it were.  But let me just say thanks to mom for filling me on the crazies who run our state that I had never heard of.  I was really surprised to see a law trying to be passed in Washington that will allow people that are terminally ill that have less than six months left to live to have a physician write them a prescription that will essentially kill them before they die.  Last time I checked that was called euthanasia, even borderline suicide.  Needless to say I voted no on that one.  Then came the time to vote for the ever important President of the United States...the Commander in Chief...the one who is supposed to fix this country.  My favorite thing about this part of the ballot was that I could basically fill in a blank spot and vote for whoever I wanted.  My first instinct was to write Bill Cosby.  I think the man is a genius.  And if we are going to have a black president, we might as well make him 100% black, and why not make him funny too.  My next great idea was to write in Mitt Romney.  I would support a Mormon president, but I realized that my boy Mitt doesn't have any friend's named Joe the Plumber that I know of, and he definitely does not have the racial advantage thing going for him, so I knew Brother Romney just wouldn't do...yet.  So I had to finally put all opinions of all other people aside and vote for the man I feel would screw up our country the least.  So the moral of the story is when it comes to deciding who would best help our country be a better place, it all comes down to ignoring what all the crazy CNN people say, and finding out for yourself which is gonna be best.  

And so it begins...Life's Random Brilliance.  

4 comments:

dipali. said...

Just to let you know..
I am not some freak that is trying to stalk you.
i just found your blog really funny and different.
Hope you don't mind me following.

Tara said...

Congrats Ry! You are growing up so fast! It seems like yesterday you, Brock and LuLu were ruling the world!

Katelyn Michael said...

Who take tomorrow - sprinkle it with dew? Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two...THE RILEY MAN!

Walker Wright said...

Your video is sheer brilliance.